Sunday, November 13, 2011

Review of Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 406 KB
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (May 10, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B004QQ3MGI
Lending: Enabled

Amazon

Book Courtesy of Author

Author's Website
Amazon Summary:

Some secrets are dangerous. This Secret is deadly.

Secret McQueen, Book 1

For Secret McQueen, her life feels like the punch line for a terrible joke. Abandoned at birth by her werewolf mother, hired as a teen by the vampire council of New York City to kill rogues, Secret is a part of both worlds, but belongs to neither. At twenty-two, she has carved out as close to a normal life as a bounty hunter can.

When an enemy from her past returns with her death on his mind, she is forced to call on every ounce of her mixed heritage to save herself—and everyone else in the city she calls home. As if the fate of the world wasn’t enough to deal with, there’s Lucas Rain, King of the East Coast werewolves, who seems to believe he and Secret are fated to be together. Too bad Secret also feels a connection with Desmond, Lucas’s second-in-command…

Warning: This book contains a sarcastic, kick-ass bounty hunter; a metaphysical love triangle with two sexy werewolves; a demanding vampire council; and a spicy seasoning of sex and violence.

Review:
I love it when I find a book that captures and holds my attention so much so I don't want to do anything else but read it and this book did just that. It sucked me in from the very first page and left me craving for more.

Now, I am finding it a tough time to write words to do this book justice. So bare with me as I try to put into words just how much I loved this book. The action began immediately and didn't end til the very last page. Which I was left with my jaw hanging wide open, yes ladies and gentleman there was a cliffhanger and not one I was expecting at all.

As for the characters I really connected with Secret, she's tough sarcastic but inside she is confused with who she is or wants to be. I honestly think she is now one of my favorite heroines of 2011.

I loved the side characters as well, Holden(who I would love to see more of) Keaty, Lucas and Desmond(I do believe he just might be my favorite male character.) Oh did I forget to mention that Secret not only feels a connection to not just one werewolf but two- oh what is a girl to do ? I would love to be in that predictiment!

Overall this book was a fantastic read and I found a new series and a new author to brag to others about. If you haven't read this book. You should, I am so glad I did. Can't wait to dive into the second book in this series.

Rating:

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Donna congratulations on finally getting to meet Secret, excellent start to the series. I loved this one and really need to read the rest of the authors work some time. Wish you could have come to Readers and Rita's, it was a blast!

BLHmistress said...

I wish I hadn't waited so long to read it. Sierra did a fantastic job weaving a brand new concept and world.

I wish I could have come too.

Post a Comment